“Educational tourism is about learning new things, acquiring new knowledge about the culture or history of other destinations.” – Tourismbeast.com
At Mokolodi Backpackers we understand the importance of cultural exchange. We would like to do everything we can to make it possible for your educational institution to visit Botswana. Share your way of life with us, while experiencing our unique African culture and the spirit of Ubuntu – meaning ‘I am because you are’, we are human through the humanity of others.
Botswana is a country of contrasts, a thriving economy, surrounded by hundreds of kilometres of unspoilt nature. A modern way of life, firmly rooted in the beliefs and practices of generations past. Take your classroom on the road and open up brand new horizons to your students. There is so much to experience and we extend a warm invitation to you, let Mokolodi Backpackers be your home, whilst you discover roads less travelled.
We offer special discounted rates, depending on the size of your group and length of stay. We can assist in arranging transport, provide meals on request and suggest educational excursions. Please contact us for a quotation.
We have a selection of accommodation options: tents, wooden dorms, twin rooms and private chalets with private kitchen and bathroom facilities, please see our rates page for full descriptions and please remember, the rates are a guideline only, we will tailor-make your offer: https://backpackers.co.bw/rates/
You will have access to fully equipped kitchens should you wish to cater for yourselves, but we do also offer all-inclusive packages, should you prefer for us to take on the burden of shopping and cooking.
For your convenience and entertainment we offer the following:
- Swimming pool and billiard table;
- Free Wi-Fi;
- Traditional Kgotla braai (BBQ) area;
- Laundry Services (surcharge applies);
Activities available in the area:
- Game Drive in Mokolodi Nature Reserve (2hrs) – Facilitated by the Nature Reserve;
- Rhino & Giraffe tracking and Bush-walks in the Mokolodi Nature Reserve – Facilitated by the Nature Reserve.
- Botswana Craft Centre in town.
- Gaborone Yacht Club is lovely for drinks.
- The 3 Chiefs Statues and Gaborone Museum in the CBD.
- For the more athletically minded, you can climb Kgale Hill, 30 minutes to an hour depending on fitness levels.
- Mokolodi is malaria free, please do bring mosquito repellent though;
- We have basic medical things available;
- All our beds have linen on it;
- Towels are supplied;
- All our rooms are serviced.
Contact Mokolodi Backpackers
Address: Plot 86, Mokolodi, Gaborone, Botswana
Latitude D M S: -24° 44’ 26.13” Longitude D M S: 25° 49’ 41.41”
Reception is open 7 am – 9:30 pm (07:00-21:30).
Check In Time: From 2 pm & Check Out Time: Before 11 am
(a late check-in can be arranged)