Best kitchen in Botswana. Mokolodi is a wonderful oasis close to Gaborone and definitely the best option for budget travellers. The plot is home to a collection of birds and a friendly but fat pig which add to the atmosphere.
A few facts:
- The kitchen is amazing, the best-equipped kitchen in Botswana, there’s really anything one could need, the staff is keeping the place super-clean and there is plenty of cutlery, crockery, pants, pots etc.
- The shared shower and toilet facilities are just as clean and very modern.
- The pool is fairly small but sufficient for a relaxing and cooling bath in the hot months.
- The place comes with everything that is being promised on the website. A big plus compared to other places.
- Very friendly and helpful staff. For example, Hendrik offered us a ride when we heard we would be going around the same time as him.
- In any case, the place is easily accessible by cheap public transport from/to Gaborone (bus)
In short: From a self-catering perspective, Mokolodi probably offers the best facilities in all of Botswana. Even if there is little to see or do in Gaborone, it is worth staying here a couple of nights